Tuesday, April 7, 2009

In the words of Katy Perry -

We fight, we break up, we hug, we makeup...

There are a number of cultural definitions of what a soul mate is but when I think of the word soul mate I think it’s best to separate the two words and define them independently.
I seek the definition of the word soul from the Macquarie School Dictionary that defines the word soul as being “the unseen or spiritual part of a person”.
I now hunt for the definition of the word mate on dictionary.com where they describe a mate as someone who is your “husband or wife; spouse”.
And so personally I think that a soul mate is a partner to your spirit, someone who compliments your very existence, and I would like to think that soul mates exist. I would also like to think that I’ve been lucky enough to find a soul mate within you. I am not by any measure trying to limit the number of soul mates that someone has in their lifetime. I’m not saying that if we break up I will ultimately be without a mate to my unseen spirit for the rest of my days.
I just find some comfort in the idea that you could potentially be “my other half”.

Today, on the Seventh of April you told me you almost made the biggest mistake of your life three weeks ago.
And it killed me when you walked out on me then, like so many others before you have.
But you came back.
And I love you for that.

Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment