Monday, September 28, 2009

Do you have to let it linger.

I can imagine being happy if I had velvet pants and chunky ankle boots. Of course I wouldn't be.
There is always something wrong.
Every day I wish we didn't have to grow up. The little kids that I know long for an adult life. I don't want to be an adult. Where birthdays stop mattering, where you don't get to eat ice-cream cakes. Where sack races are replaced by martinis and jumping castles are exchanged for cab fares. I wasted my youth looking for myself, hoping that the discovery would make me into something. Instead, I don't like the me I found.
I want the child back.
I'm not sure I know anything at all. After everything we go through for enlightenment. I don't know anything at all.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing. Every time I read your blog It gives me an unrivaled feeling of intellectual stimulation.

    ReplyDelete