Monday, December 1, 2008

Anon.

I'm not usually one to post two blogs in one sitting, but bloggers, get excited.
IT IS HAPPENING!

I just got a comment from an anonymous patron giving me the biggest confidence boost in the world. Whoever that was, honestly, from the bottom on my heart, thank you so much.
It is kind people like you who make the world the most brilliant place.

I am beaming. Literally. I think there is some sort of a glow protruding from my morbidly large body.

And now that I'm writing I may as well write a little bit.
My dad, who is quite an inspirational man, told me a beautiful Native American story.

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, "My son, the battle is between 2 wolves. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?" The old Cherokee simply replied,
"The one you feed.

And I am almost like the owner of the Evil wolf inside me. I feed it constantly. Play with it when it's feeling particularly dosile. I am so hard on myself.
But it's because of people like sir/madame 'Anon' that I feel compelled to throw the Good wolf a bone.

Thankyou readers, you really do make this worthwhile.

XX

1 comment:

  1. Awww Jayo I'm touched to have a little place in your blog haha! Okay so I'll give you a little hint as to my identity, but I'm too embarrassed to say who it really is lol. Okay so I have met you before. Does that narrow it down? Haha probably not. But I'm not some complete random from blogging land if that helps.

    A great blog again by the way, seriously don't give up on that idea of writing as a career. I can see it now- Jayo- editor of Russh/Oyster/Vogue/THE WORLD!

    Don't let anyone get you down, for whatever reason. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent :]

    ReplyDelete