Friday, December 5, 2008

Coming undone.

A small collection of goodies that I am lusting over.

So, the clothes in the image are by 'Cassette Society'. The lace crop top (I feel so sixth grade saying that) is divine paired with the slouchy black vest and the carrot top pants.
The silver rhinestone purse is to die for and I can just see myself now, schlepping it over my shoulder while I wine and dine somewhere in the city with my boyfriend, talking about American politics and Rachel Zoe's fashion empire.
The metallic platform wedges speak for themselves. The detailing on the heel is perfect.
And finally I threw in two colourful bracelets to break up the basic silver/black look. I'm seeing them hanging magically from my left wrist while I clutch onto a chilled peach and mango tea.

I don't write nearly enough as I would like to about fashion considering it is something that I'm so morbidly interested in.
You can walk into my small room and you'll probably only be able to see three things.
The first would be my double bed. I don't want to toot my own horn but I feel compelled to tell you that it has been referred to as the comfiest bed in the Southern Hemisphere. Just putting it out there.
Then you'd probably glance briefly at my bedside table. It is covered in jewelry, magazines, vitamins, notebooks, framed photos, broken pens and neutral nail polishes.
The last thing you'd notice is the floor. Well, in truth, you wouldn't notice the floor at all, rather, you'd notice what was masking my floor from daylight.
CLOTHES. Piles and piles of clothes. Mountainous clumps of vintage laying on my carpet.

I don't often splurge on mainstream retail pieces. My wardrobe consists of opp shop goodies and my families vintage. I love waking up in the morning knowing that I will potentially pair a $90 pair of shorts with a $3 shirt and a $5 blazer.
My shoe collection is by far the most amusing. You will run your eyes along the rows of poorly placed shoe boxes and discover that my Marc Jacobs wedges are sitting happily next to my $10 gold grandma flats from a Salvo's. My $3 pale grey pumps are chin-chillin' to the right of my mum's wooden Miu Miu platforms that I stole one day when she wasn't looking.

I love that fashion is an expression of self.
I hope that when I'm 80 years old I'll still be expressing myself with crazy clothing.

Happy Friday -

Jayo XXX

1 comment: