Thursday, October 30, 2008

Immortal Beloved.

Ludwig Van Beethoven to his 'Immortal Beloved'
Letter 1

Good morning, on July 7

My thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved
I can live only wholly with you or not at all -
Be calm my life, my all. Only by calm consideration of our existence can we achieve our purpose to live together.
Oh continue to love me, never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.
Ever thine
Ever mine
Ever ours.


I just watched the Sex And The City movie for the second time (extended edition, pure bliss) and in one of the first scenes, Carrie reads out this poem to Big (aka John James Preston).
I think it's beautiful and utterly timeless.
Call me a sap but the line, the simple line, 'never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved' is magical.
Boy doesn't that just bring it home?

Don't ever question the love in my heart for you. Ever.

Love Jayo.

1 comment:

  1. sex and the city, amazing.
    remember when we went and saw it at the cinema and we were in the crying room for privacy but then we were both bawling our eyes out omg love it.x

    ReplyDelete